Kim Richardson - working for clients in Stroud and across Gloucestershire
I am a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, accredited with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP). I am also accredited with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Alongside my private practice, I am a counsellor with the Meningitis Trust, an affiliate counsellor with several employee assistance programmes, and a confidence coach. I have been a telephone counsellor for the nationwide Talk to a Counsellor service, and until recently I was a senior counsellor and tutor at the Gloucestershire Counselling Service in Stroud.
Accredited therapists have specialist skills and knowledge, as they have undergone relevant training and supervision. Accreditation also means the therapists adhere to the standards of conduct, performance and ethics of the professional bodies with whom they are accredited.
Skills and training
I have been trained in a wide range of different counselling methods, including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). A hugely effective therapeutic method that addresses the negative thought patterns that usually underlie stress, anxiety and low self-esteem. My CBT practice includes Mindfulness-based approaches (For more information about Cognitive Behavioural Therapy click here.)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). A Mindfulness-based version of CBT which teaches you a set of skills so that you can handle painful thoughts and feelings in the service of focusing your energies on living your life as you really want to - following your values.
- Psychodynamic Counselling. A way of understanding the powerful role of the unconscious in our lives, and how we develop defences that can hold us back from achieving our full potential.
- Stress Management. A multi-modal cognitive-behavioural approach to the nature of stress, its management and prevention.
- Assertiveness and Communication Skills. Understanding how we can communicate to maximise our outcomes and maintain our self-respect.
- Solution Focused Therapy. How to create positive thinking strategies – focusing on the solution rather than the problem can often open the door to change.
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). A model for improving performance, becoming an excellent communicator and undergoing personal change.
How I work
I now work predominantly by using a mindfulness-based CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) called ACT, or Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
If you would like to make an appointment, or ask me for further details, please call 01453 751457 or email email@example.com in strictest confidence.
Kim Richardson - working for clients in Stroud, Gloucester, Cheltenham and across Gloucestershire